An exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing digital brand! Cailini Coastal is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic candidate to join our growing e-commerce business as a Part-Time Business Operations Associate.
This candidate will have her/his hand in various facets of the business’s operations, including, but not limited to: vendor account management, customer service, fulfillment and customer service. This candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be agile to take on various tasks directed by leadership. This role will report directly into our Sales & Operations Manager with a dotted line to our Founder. This role will require between 15 – 20 hours per week and a candidate who can work from our Norwalk, CT warehouse.
This job description highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job as our young business continues to grow.
- Correspond with vendors to report damage claims, get status updates on orders, returns or cancellations.
- Update weekly inventory feeds for dropship vendors.
- Oversee the fulfillment end of our dropship program (ie: fulfill orders, confirm lead times and notifying customers/Customer Service of any changes, ensure tracking has been provided, and orders fulfilled, etc.).
- Oversee incoming POs and follow up with vendors on delayed shipments.
- Implement and oversee our new local pick up program out of our Norwalk warehouse. You will spearhead this exciting new program working closely with marketing on customer communications; with the fulfillment team to ensure orders are packed in a timely manner; you will assist in the branding/packaging of our pick up orders; and serve as an arm of the customer service team as the liaison for our local customers building personal relationships.
- Assist fulfillment team in shipping and receiving: checking in merchandise, quality control, matching POs to sales orders and returns processing.
- Prepare new products and collections for launch on the website – obtain necessary collateral from vendors (copy, imagery, pricing, etc.), create PDPs.
- Support in the preparation and execution of all brand photoshoots.
- Support Customer Care: responding to customer inquiries via email and Chat.
- Other tasks assigned by leadership.
- Retail and/or eCommerce experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Work well under pressure and maintain composure during difficult customer interactions.
- Interest in home décor.
- Must be positive, kind, patient, and love to help people.
- This role requires a candidate who is able to work in person from our warehouse/headquarters in Norwalk, CT.
- Competitive hourly rate and PTO plan.
- Part-time. This role will require between 15 and 20 hours per week. Shifts are flexible and may vary depending on business needs, but will primarily be Monday – Friday between the hours of 9 am – 5 pm.
If you are passionate about working and growing with Cailini Coastal and feel you are an ideal candidate for this opportunity, please email email@example.com. Please include your resume along with a cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for this role.
ABOUT CAILINI COASTAL:
Cailini Coastal is a fast-growing e-commerce business based in Norwalk, Connecticut. Founded in April 2020 in Los Angeles by former PR veteran and mother of two, Meg Young, Cailini Coastal offers uniquely curated luxury coastal home décor products with a distinct design style that blends the airy simplicity of California coastal with a timeless East Coast elegance (the two places Young has called home). Cailini Coastal features a growing collection of exclusive products in partnership with notable designers, artists and brands that can only be found at Cailini Coastal.
Since its launch, Cailini Coastal caught the industry's attention and has received recognition in media outlets such as Forbes, Coastal Living, House Beautiful, TODAY and Martha Stewart Living, among others.
Giving back is a core value of Cailini Coastal and they are proudly partnered with national non-profit, Family Promise, which helps low-income families and families experiencing homelessness achieve sustainable independence through community-based support. In addition to serving as an ambassador for Family Promise, Cailini Coastal has donated more than $40K to the non-profit in their first two years of business.