- Oversee day-to-day operations of the warehouse including receiving, shipping, returns, safety, inventory control, and delivery.
- Develops goals, strategies, and initiatives, as well as sets KPIs for warehouse.
- Provide actionable feedback to direct reports and staff, as needed.
- Ability to analyze data to solve problems, communicating solutions and appropriately hold team accountable.
- Lead, guide, and train staff on performing related work, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Responsible for hiring all support team to ensure appropriate staffing to support promotional and surge seasons.
- Understand Shopify integrations into our fulfillment process and look for ways to improve.
- Inspect merchandise upon receipt for quality control and raise issues with damaged product to the correct point of contact.
- Verify inventory counts by completing physical stock counts and comparing to inventory records, investigate any discrepancies and immediately report them.
- Sort and place merchandise on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code. Maintain adequate space for storage of product, anticipating peak periods of inventory levels while preparing for future growth.
- Ensure product is stored safely to achieve no storage damage while making it accessible for order picking.
- Oversee the warehouse to ensure it stays clean, orderly, safe and secure at all times.
- Maximize relationships with internal and external partners to maintain operating budgets and KPIs with focus on driving down cost and improving overall service.
- Provide updates, as needed, to operation management and direct supervisor.
- Plays a key role in the integration of our warehouse and our first brick and mortar store (Darien, CT) into a single operation.
Qualifications / Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Retail Management, or related field experience strongly preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in Warehousing, Receiving, Inventory Control, or Materials Management in a fast paced shipping environment with a minimum of two years Supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills, experience with MS excel, Warehouse Management Systems (Shopify experience preferred).
- Furniture and/or home goods exposure preferred.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to manage independently.
- Highly organized with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work in fast pace start up environment and meet daily productivity standards.
- Ability to work overtime during work week and weekends during surge periods (ie: during sales and promotions).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- A commitment to team working through relationship building, reliability and collaboration, while also being able to work independently and take the lead on overseeing the operations of the warehouse.
- Scheduling appropriate support daily and during surge periods.
- The ability to drive productivity through the efficient use of time and a commitment to strong result.
- The ability to remain flexible through the workday is a must.
- Material handling – ability to repetitively bend, reach, stand, walk and lift 50 lb boxes.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Our employees are our most important asset and while we care deeply about supporting our team and growing them with our brand. Cailini Coastal is proud to offer great benefits for our employees and their families including: Medical/Vision/Dental coverage and PTO, paid holidays and a generous employee discount!
If you are passionate about working and growing with Cailini Coastal and feel you are an ideal candidate for this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume along with a cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for this role.
ABOUT CAILINI COASTAL:
Cailini Coastal is a fast-growing e-commerce business based in Norwalk, Connecticut. Founded in April 2020 in Los Angeles, California, Cailini Coastal offers a uniquely curated luxury coastal home décor with distinct design style that blends the airy simplicity of California coastal with a timeless East Coast elegance.
Giving back is a core value of ours and it is our dream that every family have a home. Cailini Coastal is proudly partnered with national non-profit, Family Promise, which helps low-income families and families experiencing homelessness achieve sustainable independence through community-based support.
We do business with the highest level of integrity in everything we do. We pride ourselves in caring about each and every one of our employees. We have a long-term outlook and are constantly working to create an environment that inspires people to make positive contributions every day. We’re looking for exceptional and compassionate candidates to join our small, growing team. For more information visit www.cailinicoastal.com.