An exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing digital brand! Cailini Coastal is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic candidate to join our growing e-commerce business.
At Cailini Coastal, we are committed to providing excellent service to our customers by accurately and efficiently processing orders and returns. The Fulfillment Lead will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of fulfillment at the Cailini Coastal warehouse, including but not limited to: Shipping, Receiving, Order Picking, Order Packing, Returns Processing, Quality Control, Item Put-Away, Inventory Control and general workplace maintenance. This role will report directly to our Operations Manager and requires the candidate to be hands on with the picking/packing themselves, while managing a small team of part-time fulfillment support.
This job description highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job as our young business continues to grow.
- Manage the shipment and receipt of all products, materials and supplies.
- Fulfillment of all orders that ship from the Cailini Coastal Warehouse.
- Assemble, address, stamp, and ship accurate merchandise or material cross referencing accuracy with invoice.
- Inspect merchandise upon receipt for quality control and raise issues with damaged product to the correct point of contact.
- Verify inventory counts by completing physical stock counts and comparing to inventory records, investigate any discrepancies and immediately report them.
- Manage and reorder all shipping materials, ensuring stock on all shipping supplies to support 1-2 weeks of orders. Source and negotiate best rates with vendors for shipping materials.
- Sort and place merchandise on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Construct boxes and according to size required for order.
- Audit (random) complete order to assure 100% quality.
- Maintain brand packaging standards and ensure all orders are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with company, OSHA, and other applicable regulations to ensure a safe workplace.
- Utilize best practices following standard operating procedures and reference aids, continuously looking for areas of improvement and communicate suggestions to leadership as appropriate
- Understand Shopify integrations into our fulfillment process and look for ways to improve.
- Actively seek to develop process/quality improvements for our warehouse and with our shipping and packaging vendors.
- Ability to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds.
- Weekend support will be required during the holiday season (ie: black Friday/cyber Monday) and our annual Friends & Family Sale in late April.
- Prior experience working in a warehouse setting is required (5+ years preferred).
- Basic computer skills, experience with MS excel, Warehouse Management Systems (Shopify experience preferred).
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to understand and execute instructions for daily tasks and to read orders accurately.
- Proactive problem-solving skills, and ability to complete basic math to include adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Highly organized with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work in fast pace start up environment and meet daily productivity standards.
- Ability to work overtime during work week and weekends during surge periods (ie: during sales and promotions).
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time, and lifting up to 60 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Forklift, Reach Truck, and Order Picker equipment certification a plus. Must have the ability to learn and become certified
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- A commitment to team working through relationship building, reliability and collaboration, while also being able to work independently and take the lead on overseeing the operations of the warehouse.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- The ability to drive productivity through the efficient use of time and a commitment to strong result.
- The ability to remain flexible through the workday is a must.
- Material handling – ability to repetitively bend, reach, stand, walk and lift 50 lb boxes.
This role requires a candidate who is available to be in person up to 5 days per week in Norwalk, Connecticut. This role can be part-time OR full-time for the right candidate.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This role may be part-time or full-time, depending on our ideal candidate and business's needs.
- Competitive hourly rate. Shifts may vary depending on warehouse package volume and business needs, but will primarily be Monday – Friday between 8 am – 4 pm. Weekend support will be required during surge periods throughout the holiday season (ie: black Friday/cyber Monday).
- Our employees are our most important asset and while we care deeply about supporting our team and growing them with our brand. Cailini Coastal is proud to offer great benefits for our employees and their families including: Medical/Vision/Dental coverage and PTO, paid holidays and a generous employee discount!
If you are passionate about working and growing with Cailini Coastal and feel you are an ideal candidate for this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume along with a cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for this role.
ABOUT CAILINI COASTAL:
Cailini Coastal is a fast-growing e-commerce business based in Norwalk, Connecticut. Founded in April 2020 in Los Angeles, California, Cailini Coastal offers a uniquely curated luxury coastal home décor with distinct design style that blends the airy simplicity of California coastal with a timeless East Coast elegance.
Giving back is a core value of ours and it is our dream that every family have a home. Cailini Coastal is proudly partnered with national non-profit, Family Promise, which helps low-income families and families experiencing homelessness achieve sustainable independence through community-based support.
We do business with the highest level of integrity in everything we do. We are dedicated to creating an environment for our team members that is exciting and collaborative. We’re looking for exceptional and compassionate candidates to join our small, growing team. For more information visit www.cailinicoastal.com.