Social Media Intern
An exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing digital brand! Cailini Coastal is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic candidate to join our growing e-commerce business as a Social Media Intern, with a strong focus on community engagement. As one of the key consumer-facing voices of the brand, you’ll be a primary representation of our company.
This role will require between 10 – 15 hours per week. The majority of the tasks required for this role can be done remotely; however, in-person time will be required one to two days per week in our Norwalk, CT warehouse and/or our founder's Westport, CT home. This role requires you to create a memorable community experience through exceptional, personal service. You’ll go above and beyond in every communication on social media. You’ll engage with on-brand influencers to create new and deeper relationships with the Cailini Coastal brand.
This role will report directly into our Founder with a dotted line to our Director of Content and Operations & Sales Manager.
This job description highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job as our young business continues to grow.
- Maintain Cailini Coastal’s voice, presence, and look across all social channels, primarily focused on Instagram and Pinterest, with the potential of growing into TikTok.
- Oversee Cailini Coastal’s Instagram and Pinterest accounts:
- Follow a content calendar created by the marketing team for both day-to-day posting and around key promotional moments.
- Respond to correspondence (DMs, comments, etc.) in a timely manner each day, working with key departments (such as Customer Service) when needed.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to execute campaigns as needed, including with the creative team to communicate vision and execute on graphics.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the brand, esthetic, and all its products to educate, provide assistance, answer questions via social media.
- Weekly posting on Pinterest – creating engaging pins from our vast database of original content.
- Create a sense of community with our customers and followers, engaging with them in a personal and thoughtful way.
- Maintain brand voice and a positive, friendly demeanor in all communications.
- Post all IG Reels to our TikTok account.
- Support our affiliate marketing team in influencer relationship building (ie: creating influencer orders, ensuring orders have been received, engaging with new and on-brand content creators, sending communication to our influencer network about sales, new launches and promotions).
- Attend all brand photoshoots capturing content for engaging stories and reels.
- Other tasks assigned by leadership.
- Must be extremely social savvy. Efficient in Instagram, Instagram Reels, Pinterest and TikTok.
- Previous social media internships/experience managing a brand's or large personal accounts is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic efficiency in Canva, Unfold, Splice, or related design and editing software.
- Creative and has an eye and understanding of our luxury coastal esthetic.
- Strong grammar, spelling, and meticulous proofreading skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently, and as a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Work well under pressure and maintain composure during difficult customer interactions.
- Interest in home décor.
- Understanding of key influencers in the home space is a plus.
- Photography skills is strongly preferred.
- Must be positive, kind, patient, and love to help people.
- Candidate must be able to regularly commute to Norwalk and Westport, Connecticut.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Part-time. This role will require between 10 and 15 hours per week.
If you are passionate about working and growing with Cailini Coastal and feel you are an ideal candidate for this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume along with a cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit for this role.
ABOUT CAILINI COASTAL:
Cailini Coastal is a fast-growing e-commerce business based in Norwalk, Connecticut. Founded in April 2020 in Los Angeles, California, Cailini Coastal offers a uniquely curated luxury coastal home décor with distinct design style that blends the airy simplicity of California coastal with a timeless East Coast elegance.
Giving back is a core value of ours and it is our dream that every family have a home. Cailini Coastal is proudly partnered with national non-profit, Family Promise, which helps low-income families and families experiencing homelessness achieve sustainable independence through community-based support.
We do business with the highest level of integrity in everything we do. We are dedicated to creating an environment for our team members that is exciting and collaborative. We’re looking for exceptional and compassionate candidates to join our small, growing team. For more information visit www.cailinicoastal.com.